Dec 12, 2011

Music Mondays- Favorite Christmas Memories

Growing up, December meant that I would get a half day off of school on a Friday, head to Salt Lake City with my mom, aunts, and grandma and spend the weekend in the big city, Salt Lake and stay with Aunt Ronda, the most wonderful enjoyable person one could ever find.

We would stay in her house in the avenues, a yellow brick two bedroom home. I usually ended up on her couch in her front room. There was something magical about her house. It just exuded happiness.

Aunt Ronda always had a ceramic candy jar full of treats of the Hershey's variety. We would shop til we dropped for three days and kick back in the evenings with a little Kenny G, or some Josh Groban.

Aunt Ronda passed away in 2005. We all miss her so much, and the traditions that we held so dear. Anytime I hear these artists I am transported to that lovely home in the avenues of Salt Lake, sneaking some chocolate before dinner.
In memory of our favorite aunt, this is my favorite Christmas song:




about Music Mondays
Each Monday I'd like to share with you a song that I enjoy.
It's a way for me to share what music I'm listening to and, if you have a song or artist you're interested in you can share with me, too!
You can join in with me if you'd like, it's quite fun :)

There are two ways to join me:

1.  Add a Music post to your blog and link back using the Music Monday button (on the right side of the blog) Link up at the bottom of my blog here
2. or, just leave a comment here letting me know what music you've been listening to lately, I'd love to hear what you're listening to this December

Is there a special song that brings back Christmas memories for you? do share! I would love to hear your favorite Christmas songs!



Music Mondays with Sugar Blossom Boutique

1 comment:

  1. love that song, and his version is so pretty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...